Sunday, February 3, 2008

The gift

All teenagers are concerned on their looks. And some kids will go as far as to ask their parents for plastic surgery for either a graduation or a birthday present. I personally know someone who had recieved 3 nose jobs before entering high school and for her 19th birthday her present was a pair of new boobs.I even read a bunch of articles talking about teenagers as young as twelve that have gone under the knife. These kids had such little self esteem to the point where they were failing in school because they refused to go. I don't think I would allow my child to have any surgery done because I feel like your making your child have even lower self esteem because your agreeing with them that they need work done.
However in other articles I read that only 5 percent of college females actually had cosmetic surgery but more then 60 percent of the students said they could see themselves getting something done at one point in their life.

No comments: