Thursday, April 10, 2008

Looking back

One year ago today I was a senior in high school. Getting ready for prom, searching for the perfect dress, and making lists of things I would need to buy for SeaSide. School was pratically over especially after the A.P. exams. Which I wasn't even planning on passing in the first place. I already decided on attending St. Johns at this time. Therefore I was no longer stressing college or the S.A.T.s but excited for the summer and prom. I went to prom with my "perfect" boyfriend and my best friends. We had a great time aside from the few fights and agruments. After that we went on the graduate and was getting ready to start moving forward in life.

Looking back now everything has changed. Now I realized that the perfect boyfriend was just a jerk. We don't even talk as friends anymore. And half of my best friends since junior high school, are only heard from when I run into them somewhere. My best friend who went away to college started off hating it and wanted to come home. Now she would rather be there than on Staten Island. I already see when she comes home from school she complains about what we do here and compares everything to Bighamton. I give it a year until she only comes home for Christmas break. This year I am also stressing finals, papers, and presentations. I've already changed my major and am thinking about going to another school. But next year I will probably say the same things about my new friends and goals. Because nothing is forever...

No comments: